In our society, I think we do too much dancing around topics related to end of life.
Usually, that’s because people just aren’t comfortable talking about death and dying. Although there could be many reasons for this—the bottom line is that it often leaves those facing end-of-life with very few people to talk to about it.
I want to help change that.
Some may thing it odd that I love to talk about death and dying so much. But I believe that these are some of the most critical conversations we will ever have.
In fact, in my extensive experience working with those during their end-of-life journeys, I’ve found many eager participants.
Individuals who are hungry to openly address issues that their friends and families think are better left unsaid.
Who want to be open and honest and authentic with those that they love.
Who want to make the most of the limited time and energy they have left.
As a hospice veteran who’s accompanied many, many patients—and both of my parents—through their end-of-life journeys, I’ve found that being well-educated and well-prepared for this sacred season can make an amazing difference for both the person facing death and their family members.
In them, I’ll provide short video segments in which I talk directly to those facing end-of-life about essential topics, including:
- how to have conversations about death and dying with your family members;
- how to ensure that your wishes will be honored at end-of-life;
- how to make the most of the Golden Season™ at end-of-life, a phrase I coined that refers to the sacred season when an individual focuses on quality-of-life instead of extending life;
- strategies and considerations to help tackle the “bucket list” of important things you want to attend to;
- tools for attending to practical matters, such as estate and funeral planning;
- what to expect as your condition progresses and resources for your family members;
- key principles of pain and symptom management and how to access needed resources;
- tools for spiritual and emotional support;
- and more.
Please check out my intro video below. You can access our growing array of Dying Talks™ video podcasts here.
I’d also love to hear from you about other topics that you’d me to address, so please contact me and let me know!
I’m really looking forward to our time together!